UPDATE ON PREVENTIVE MEASURES IN THE CONTEXT OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC - JULY 12, 2021
Following the recommendations of Quebec Public Health and in accordance with the list of essential service companies issued by the Government of Quebec, the Laval Cemetery has adopted the following measures:
- The mausoleums and the access to the main road inside the cemetery are open everyday to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wearing a mask is mandatory and the 1-meter social distanciation rule must be respected everywhere and at all times.
- The entombment, niche and plot burials are made by appointment. Only a limited number of people chosen by the family members can accompany the funeral director (maximum 50 people).
- The administrative office is available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by phone (450) 661-7017.
- The annual laying of flowers is suspended for this year.
- The crematorium remains operational.
- The Laval Cemetery minibus service remains suspended.
All of these measures are in effect now, until further notice.
We thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.
The Laval Cemetery is the largest modern cemetery on Montreal’s North Shore
Created in 1957 under the name Mount Pleasant Cemetery, in 1982 it became the Laval Cemetery, managed by the Poirier family, whose funeral expertise stretches back five generations to 1923... A century in the service of the public!
Easily accessible from all transportation routes and open seven days a week, 12 months a year, the appearance and standards of the Laval Cemetery have been completely revised and enhanced in recent years to provide families with casket and urn burial plots, mausoleums, interior and exterior columbaria, columbaria benches, environmentally conscious burial sites, a site dedicated to masters and companions, as well as welcoming and peaceful gathering places.
The Laval Cemetery covers an area of nearly 20 million square feet and is surrounded by farmland and streams. It is one of the most beautiful natural habitats still preserved in Laval and greater Montreal, and no matter the season our many visitors enjoy strolling through our footpaths to appreciate the plants and the wildlife.Over the next few years, other structural and environmental beautification projects are planned to preserve and enhance the natural beauty of the site while facilitating traditional funeral activities and accommodating the needs of those concerned about their environmental impacts.For more information, please see the following sections: Birdwatching, Beekeeping and Horticulture.
ORTIZ RAMIREZ, EZEQUIEL DE JESUS
1946 - 2021
Saturday September 25, 2021 at 4:00PM
Where: Burial Plot 161-B, section T-BOI
CHICAS PAZ, JOSE IGNACIO
1947 - 2021
Thursday September 23, 2021 at 3:15PM
Where: Burial Plot 617, section T-BOI
1962 - 2021
Thursday September 16, 2021 at 12:00PM
Where: Burial Plot 472-A, section T-LIB
1934 - 2021
Saturday September 11, 2021 at 12:00PM
Where: Burial Plot 466, section T-LIB
1974 - 2021
Saturday August 14, 2021 at 12:00PM
Where: Burial Plot 053, section T-ORT
1933 - 2021
Tuesday July 20, 2021 at 1:45PM
Where: Burial Plot 392, section T-LIB